Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Aliquippa, Pennsylvania? Contact your local utility company.
Aliquippa Power Outages Caused by Weather
All day this Election Day, the Capital-Star will bring you the very latest on the 2022 general election.
Allegheny County will monitor air quality closely after power outage at US Steel's Clairton Coke Works | TribLIVE.com
Officials at U.S. Steel are working to restore the Clairton Coke Works back to normal operations after an early morning power outage. The outage, which was reported at 5:30 a.m. Monday, required the flaring of coke oven gasses from the stacks and batteries, according to a news release from Allegheny
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Aliquippa, Pennsylvania
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.