Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Anderson, South Carolina? Contact your local utility company.
TRAFFIC ALERT: Accident in Warrick Co. causes small power outage | Eyewitness News (WEHT/WTVW) Open Navigation Close Navigation
WARRICK Co. (WEHT) — A dump truck hit a utility pole early Friday morning in Warrick County causing a small power outage to nearby customers. According to dispatch, shortly before 6:30 a.m. a dump truck hit a utility pole and power lines in the area of Vann Road at Anderson Road. Multiple crews have responded […]
There are over 3,000 people without power Wednesday morning on the east side of Spartanburg County.
Power in parts of Florida could be out for more than a week as flooding lingers in Ian's wake | CNN Close icon
It could be more than a week until power lines are fully restored in some parts of Florida as residents deal with major flooding after the deadly Hurricane Ian, expected to be the most expensive storm in the Sunshine State's history.
Damage was reported from Hurricane Ian's second U.S. landfall. It came Friday afternoon near Georgetown, South Carolina.
Substantial loss of life' possible in Florida as Hurricane Ian takes aim at South Carolina | CNN Close icon
Ian's vicious combination of winds, rain and storm surge caused at least a dozen deaths, flooded homes, cut off roadways and left millions of Florida residents without power Thursday as it again intensified into a hurricane in the Atlantic Ocean and barreled toward South Carolina.
Several thousand customers in the Triangle are without power Friday afternoon as Hurricane Ian moves toward North Carolina.
These meals require no electricity to prepare. Use these ideas and our shopping list to prepare for your next power outage.
Power is restored in downtown Greenville after an outage left nearly 2,000 customers in the dark, according to the Duke Energy website.
A part of Anderson County, South Carolina is experiencing what police are calling a "massive power outage."
More than 10,000 Virginians lost power Wednesday in Virginia Beach after a squirrel got into a substation.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Anderson, South Carolina
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.