Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Apache Junction, Arizona? Contact your local utility company.
By Saturday night most of Arizona will be in an 80% chance to get precipitation. Special weather statements are in place.
Police have located 19-year-old Adam Williams in connection to the fatal shooting of his half-brother in Apache Junction.
Power restored for thousands after storms caused massive outages in metro Phoenix Share on Facebook Email This Link Share on Twitter Share on Pinterest Share on LinkedIn
At the peak of the storm system, a total of 21 outages left 15,800 people without power in the Valley including 10,500 in the Mesa and Apache Junction area.
Nearly a dozen stolen vehicles, of various types, were found at an Apache Junction home on Aug. 24, police say, and all are estimated to be worth more than $200,000.
More storms passed through the Valley Tuesday evening, producing heavy rain in some parts and light drizzle in others.
Arizona will likely see more monsoon storms over the weekend after several days of heavy rain and flash flooding.
Multiple Peoria schools were closed Friday after a power outage impacted the area. Metro Phoenix saw monsoon storms on Thursday night.
Thursday started one of the strongest weather systems of the season as rain pounded and residents around the Valley are left without power.
First Alert Weather Day: Around 1,000 without power after heavy rain in the Valley Share on Facebook Email This Link Share on Twitter Share on Pinterest Share on LinkedIn
Arizona’s Family meteorologists have declared a First Alert Weather Day as the potential for flash flooding and high winds is heading to the East Valley and some portions of Pinal County.
Officer Josh DuPont and his wife, Sarah, were expecting their second child when Sara's health declined. She was later diagnosed with a condition that has less than 500 diagnosed cases worldwide.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Apache Junction, Arizona
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.
Apache Junction, Arizona
|Zip Codes||85119, 85120|