Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Apollo Beach, Florida? Contact your local utility company.
Our live updates keep you up to date on everything going on surrounding Hurricane Ian on Florida's Coast.
Power outages pass a half-million in Tampa Bay area from Hurricane Ian Newspaper icon Email Plus Outline icon My Account icon
Nearly 509,000 customers were without power across the area as of 4 a.m. Thursday.
Power outage at Austin airport leads to flight delays Share on Facebook Email This Link Share on Twitter Share on Pinterest Share on LinkedIn
An early morning power outage Wednesday at Austin-Bergstrom International Airport caused flight delays that continued even after electricity was restored.
A busy road in Apollo Beach has some parents worried now that school is back in.
Hurricane Harbor and Wild Safari are operating as scheduled, according to a Six Flags spokeswoman.
Stageworks Theatre Announces 40th Season + Apollo Beach Flyover - Tampa, FL - The quickest way to get caught up on the most important things happening today in Tampa.
West Penn Power Co. plans to spend about $47 million to trim trees that could impact power lines and other measures to control vegetation in Allegheny, Armstrong, Fayette, Westmoreland and 14 other counties in the state. “We trim and remove trees to help minimize power outages, particularly during severe weather,”
Power outage maps from around the area.
A power outage reported by Tampa Electric is affecting about 1,101 customers in the Apollo Beach area, according to the Tampa Electricoutage map.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Apollo Beach, Florida
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.
Apollo Beach, Florida