Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Arkansas City, Kansas? Contact your local utility company.
Power outages and heavy traffic are the result of a two-car crash at the intersection of Route 28 and Old Barnstable Road in Mashpee on Monday, October 10, at 10:55
Nearly 150 Duke Energy customers are without power in the Shoals Junction area as of Friday morning.
Downed trees and power lines are possible in the aftermath of Hurricane Ian. If you need to report an outage, here is who to call:
Power outage shuts down Pleasant Prairie Police phone lines; department looks into future prevention
The Pleasant Prairie Police Department is meeting with village leadership after a power outage shut down the department’s non-emergency lines for several hours Sunday evening, Sept. 25, during a severe
Echo Park restaurant struggles as heat wave triggers power outages | Echo Park News | theeastsiderla.com
Echo Park - First the pandemic threatened to put The Park’s Finest out of business. Now, power outages from the heat wave seem to be an even bigger problem, according
Crews responded immediately and most of those customers had service by 6:10 p.m.
SIERRA VISTA — A power outage affecting more than 2,000 customers in the vicinity of The Mall at Sierra Vista shortly after noon Friday, Sept. 2, occurred when a semi-truck
Nearly 2,000 Hawaii Kai residents lost power Friday early afternoon, and Hawaiian Electric Company is working to restore the power. "The outage is due to equipment. Our crews are working
Due to the overnight power outages on Maui, several schools will be closed on Tuesday, Aug. 23.
80,000 customers were knocked out before crews started re-routing power to substations in Morris and Sussex counties.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Arkansas City, Kansas
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.