Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Attleboro, Massachusetts? Contact your local utility company.
Massachusetts Minimum Wage Workers to Get Automatic Pay Raise loading... loading... loading... loading...
The minimum wage in Massachusetts will increase by 75 cents an hour as of January 1, 2023.
A former Taunton man who attempted to break into two homes and then attempted 'suicide by cop' has been sentenced to serve up to a decade in prison.
ATTLEBORO — A power failure caused by an accident on West Street Thursday nearly cancelled classes at Brennan Middle School.
Tuesday storms bring downpours, flash flooding to Southeastern Mass., R.I. - The Boston Globe email Email to a Friend Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Print this Article View Comments Email to a Friend Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Print this Article View Comments
Nearly 7 inches of rain fell in Rehoboth, and a highway was flooded in East Providence, R.I. as thunderstorms moved slowly across the region on Tuesday, bringing torrential downpours, hailstorms, downed trees, and flash flooding to some areas
North Attleboro police said a car crash into a utlity pole cause a power outage in the area of Carlgate Road and Colonial Road on Monday.
Nor’easter brought far more bark than bite to southern New England
Blizzard 2022: Southern New England digs out from 15-25? of snow | WPRI.com Open Navigation Close Navigation
Snow is falling and winds are blowing across Southern New England, both of which are expected to intensify as a significant storm moves in.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Attleboro, Massachusetts
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.