Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Auburn, Washington? Contact your local utility company.
Car hits power pole causing large power outage in Huntsville Open Navigation Close Navigation Close Modal
A large portion of north Huntsville residents woke up without power Wednesday morning after a car accident caused the outage.
Squirrels: How often do they cause power outages? | WHNT.com Open Navigation Close Navigation Close Modal
More than 10,000 Virginians lost power Wednesday in Virginia Beach after a squirrel got into a substation.
A planned power outage in the area of Westover and Morgantown is expected to impact more than 1,700 customers, the Monongalia County Emergency Management Agency announced on Facebook Friday.
California officials are calling on residents to conserve their electricity use even more than they have amid a brutal heat wave.
The outage was reported shortly after 6:45 a.m. Friday.
Athens Utilities working to restore power to part of Elkmont | WHNT.com Open Navigation Close Navigation Close Modal
Part of Elkmont was in the dark Monday morning.
Why is WHDF not working? Planned power outage to affect some viewers | WHNT.com Open Navigation Close Navigation Close Modal
News 19's engineering team said a planned power outage will take the WHDF 15 transmitter offline starting around 9 a.m. Tuesday, August 23.
Power restored to Madison after vehicle removed from guy wire | WHNT.com Open Navigation Close Navigation Close Modal
According to Huntsville Utilities, a vehicle got caught in a guy wire and power had to be shut off to remove it.
Huntsville Utilities responding to Hazel Green power outage | WHNT.com Open Navigation Close Navigation Close Modal
HU said customers from Joe Quick Road south to Walker Lane and US 231/431 east to Moores Mill Road lost power just before noon Friday.
Decatur Utilities: Balloons may have caused power outage | WHNT.com Open Navigation Close Navigation Close Modal
Around 3,000 customers are dealing with a utility outage across Decatur, according to Decatur Utilities.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Auburn, Washington
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.
|Zip Codes||98001, 98002, 98071, 98092|