Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Bainbridge Island, Washington? Contact your local utility company.
Massachusetts Minimum Wage Workers to Get Automatic Pay Raise loading... loading... loading... loading...
The minimum wage in Massachusetts will increase by 75 cents an hour as of January 1, 2023.
Exhausted nurses and staff triage an often-packed emergency room lobby at all hours, five days in to an outage of the hospital's records system.
Island-Wide Blackout Confirms the Failure of LUMA, the Newly Privatized Electric Utility in Puerto Rico - CounterPunch.org
Illinois Link Card users won't be able to make purchases or ATM withdrawals for 2 days next week.
TACOMA, Wash. - Tacoma Public Utilities says around 9,500 customers were without power Wednesday morning due to lightning strikes.
Power was reported still out to hundreds of NYSEG customers in Chenango County and Tioga County early August 5.
Significant power outages and traffic congestion after a car crashes into a transformer in Redmond – KIRO 7 News Seattle
US government to support 12 remote, island communities in transition to clean energy – pv magazine International
Communities will get help with strengthening energy infrastructure, reducing outage risk, and improving their future energy and economic outlook.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Bainbridge Island, Washington
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.
Bainbridge Island, Washington