Did you lose power?
The Folk Show's listing of folk related events in and around our listening area.
The Folk Show's listing of shows and dances in and around our listening area.
Eight drivers were arrested for a variety of infractions including driving on a suspended license and drug charges.
The Massachusetts Emergency Management Agency warned that the greatest risk for outages was in the eastern part of the state, including Cape Cod and the...
Thousands of Massachusetts residents are without power Friday as a powerful storm moves through New England, bringing heavy rain and wind.
54,000 without power in R.I. as nor’easter rages - The Boston Globe email Email to a Friend Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Print this Article View Comments Email to a Friend Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Print this Article View Comments
Barrington, Bristol, Warren, Narragansett, Little Compton, Exeter and North Kingstown are most affected by power outages, and some schools in Providence were forced to close because of the storm.
View the latest outage maps anytime.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Barrington, New Hampshire
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.
Barrington, New Hampshire
|New Hampshire (NH)