Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Bart, Pennsylvania? Contact your local utility company.
Republican J.D. Vance bests Tim Ryan in Ohio Senate race. Democrat Josh Shapiro defeats Trump-backed Doug Mastriano in PA gubernatorial contest.
NuScale Power has taken a leading position in both technological development and the regulatory approval process. Click here to read our analysis of SMR stock.
Snowstorm causes crashes, power outages across Lancaster County; here's how much snow fell | Local News | lancasteronline.com
Editor's note: This story has been updated to reflect correct numbers. Numbers that were previously provided by NWS to LNP were incorrect.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Bart, Pennsylvania
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.