Did you lose power?
The Folk Show's listing of folk related events in and around our listening area.
Patch notes, including OpenSSL updates. CISA and election security. Notes on the hybrid war. Trends in cybercrime. Search the site Search the site Search the site Search the site
OpenSSL patches two vulnerabilities. CISA and election security. Killnet attempted DDoS against the US Treasury. Raccoon Stealer and the war in Ukraine. CISA issues one ICS Advisory. XDR data reveals threat trends. Business email compromise and gift cards.
The Folk Show's listing of open mics, dances and shows in and around our listening area.
The Folk Show's listing of shows and dances in and around our listening area.
Here are the number of power outages that have been reported to Central Maine Power.
About 500 homes in North and South Bath, won't benefit from the new high-speed internet.
Electric service to one of downtown Binghamton's tallest buildings was knocked out following a reported transformer explosion.
UPDATE: Eastman plant in Kingsport reports iodine release in steam plume during power outage | Business | therogersvillereview.com
Employees on-site told the Review they heard what sounded like an explosion moments after the outage. Employees were subsequently taken to Eastman's "Safe Haven" location within the facility.
Winds started picking up early Tuesday morning
The storm brought gusts of over 50 mph, which toppled trees and brought down power lines, leading to about 50,000 outages statewide Tuesday.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Bath, Maine
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.