Did you lose power?
A substation that tripped in Neptune is to blame, according to a utility spokesman.
Housing authority residents still waiting for repairs six months later | Belmar/Lake Como, NJ News TAPinto
BELMAR, NJ — Residents of the Belmar Housing Authority, a 50-unit affordable housing complex located at 710 8th Avenue, have been criticizing building authorities for their untimeliness of what...
2-Day Power Outage After Crash Damages 8 Poles In Toms River - Toms River, NJ - About 155 homes may be without power until Sunday, Toms River officials said. JCP&L offers free ice and water for the affected homes.
JCP&L: Power Restored After Outage In Red Bank Area - Red Bank-Shrewsbury, NJ - Power was out for about one hour late Tuesday morning in parts of Fair Haven, Red Bank, Rumson and Little Silver, but has been restored.
BELMAR, N.J.— At its Tuesday night council meeting, the borough announced the completion of the long-awaited Treasure Trail, a self-guided walking tour that leads participants to historical and...
Traffic Signals, Power Restored In Brick - Brick, NJ - Power has been restored to nearly all of the more than 5,200 homes and businesses that were left without electricity on Monday.
BELMAR, N.J.— Residents of the Belmar Housing Authority building and concerned citizens turned up in numbers during the authority’s monthly meeting on Tuesday, Sept. 6. The somewhat heated public...
Power Outages From Damage At Two Substations Hit Howell, Farmingdale - Howell, NJ - JCP&L no sooner restored power Tuesday from a blown fuse at Farmingdale Substation when Larrabee Substation in Howell had a blown fuse, too.
Power Outage Scheduled In Cedar Bridge Manor For Utility Work In Brick - Brick, NJ - The outage overnight in Brick is part of work being done to replace the Duck Farm Bridge on Hooper Avenue, police said.
Power Outage Hits 1,300 In Red Bank Wednesday - Red Bank-Shrewsbury, NJ - JCP&L says contractor work on a substation caused damage, resulting in the mid-day outage.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Belmar, New Jersey
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.
Belmar, New Jersey
|State||New Jersey (NJ)|
|Zip Codes||07715, 07719|