Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Berwick, Maine? Contact your local utility company.
Here are the number of power outages that have been reported to Central Maine Power.
The new U.S. Drought Monitor continues to show most of southern New Hampshire and Maine in a moderate drought, with a severe drought along the Massachusetts border.
A Kia Telluride driven by Ashanti Cox, 29, of Rochester went off School Street (Route 9) and struck two trees, according to Berwick Police.
Maine is the most heavily forested state in the nation, and trees are one of the most common causes of power outages.
Tens of thousands of CMP customers without power as the storm blows through Maine
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Berwick, Maine
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.