Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Berwick, Pennsylvania? Contact your local utility company.
Met-Ed will continue tree-trimming work along its power lines in Central Pennsylvania | fox43.com
The trimming is part of a $30 million effort to reduce the frequency and duration of tree-related power outages, the company said.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Berwick, Pennsylvania
Sugarloaf, PA (11:39 AM) Grid Power Outage Event >> The Ting Network detected an Electric Utility Grid Power Outage… https://t.co/pcPx9q3E4g
Berwick, PA (2:12 PM) Grid Power Outage Event >> The Ting Network detected an Electric Utility Grid Power Outage ev… https://t.co/aKGJ37OryX
Berwick, PA (9:19 AM) Grid Power Outage Event >> The Ting Network detected an Electric Utility Grid Power Outage ev… https://t.co/jJeecqCYWR
[Delayed Report] On Sep 13, at 8:20 PM EDT, Rock Glen [Luzerne Co, PA] PUBLIC reports TSTM WND DMG. CORRECTS PREVIO… https://t.co/rNOXdh4wAc
[Delayed Report] On Sep 13, at 8:20 AM EDT, Rock Glen [Luzerne Co, PA] PUBLIC reports TSTM WND DMG. MULTIPLE LARGE… https://t.co/XCkr88Q2uj
At 9:30 PM EDT, Nescopeck [Luzerne Co, PA] 911 CALL CENTER reports TSTM WND DMG. SOME TREES AND WIRES DOWN WITH POW… https://t.co/4Ncv1tQoob
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.
Report power outage in other Pennsylvania cities.
Lost of power since 12:30pm
Lost power about 15 min ago