Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Bethany Beach, Delaware? Contact your local utility company.
As Ian leaves Florida and heads up the East Coast as a Category 1 hurricane, it's impact likely will be minimal on Delaware this weekend.
Power outages in the US in the past 10 years increased by 64% compared to the previous decade.
An early morning thunderstorm with strong winds and rain Sept. 13 caused significant damage throughout Rehoboth Beach and Henlopen Acres. Rehoboth Beach officials issued a notice a little before 7 a.m. saying there was localized flooding, tree...
The failure of a primary underground cable caused a brush fire along Ocean Drive near Dune Way on the south end of Henlopen Acres. Firefighters from Rehoboth Beach Volunteer Fire Company responded to the fire about 2:20 p.m., Aug. 9, just north of...
Gusting winds hit coastal Delaware on Friday, with video showing dozens of beach umbrellas getting blown off the sand and swirling through the air.
Delmarva Lineworkers Restore Power To All Customers Impacted By Tuesday’s Storms – First State Update
Delmarva Power amassed more than 600 personnel to work around the clock to repair the extensive damage to the local energy grid and restore service to customers affected by the severe weather and thunderstorms that impacted its service territory throughout Delaware and Maryland late Tuesday evening.
The issue gaining the attention of lawmakers Thursday. They sent out a letter with their concerns.
How the snow storm on Jan. 3, 2022, is affecting power outages across Delmarva.
The snow has caused hazardous conditions that will likely affect the morning and afternoon commutes across the state
After about a two-hour outage, Delaware Electric Cooperative crews have restored power to 3,300 customers in the Lewes-Rehoboth Beach area. According to the cooperative’s website, a contractor cut an underground utility line, which disrupted power.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Bethany Beach, Delaware
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.
Bethany Beach, Delaware