Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Big Pine, California? Contact your local utility company.
Another 2,500 customers are out in Somerset County.
Hurricane Ian: Moore County ‘Very Fortunate’ After Seeing Minimal Impacts from Storm | News | thepilot.com
UPDATE (Oct. 2, 10 p.m.): Heavy rains and high winds from Hurricane Ian disrupted life in Moore County, at one point leaving nearly a quarter of the area’s electricity customers
Substantial loss of life' possible in Florida as Hurricane Ian takes aim at South Carolina | CNN Close icon
Ian's vicious combination of winds, rain and storm surge caused at least a dozen deaths, flooded homes, cut off roadways and left millions of Florida residents without power Thursday as it again intensified into a hurricane in the Atlantic Ocean and barreled toward South Carolina.
Hurricane Ian left a trail of damage across Volusia County. Here are important local updates.
More than 2.5 million Floridians were under some kind of evacuation warning Tuesday as Hurricane Ian marched closer to the state's west coast after knocking out power across all of Cuba.
Food spoilage, frustration as Jasper, Alta., residents grapple with continued power outages | CBC News
The mountain town has only had intermittent power since Sunday after the nearby Chetamon Mountain wildfire knocked out the main power grid. Atco has been working to transition the town onto generator power.
When will the heat wave be over? Here's the latest on power outages, excessive heat warnings and record-shattering temperatures in California and the S.F. Bay Area.
San Diego outages: Over 8,000 SDG&E customers without power Open Navigation Close Navigation Close Modal
Over 5,000 San Diego Gas & Electric customers are without power across the county Saturday amid scorching hot temperatures, according to the public utility company.
Unprecedented drought levels in the Yangtze River have increased pressure on hydroelectric power plants, which supply energy to key economic zones of the country.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Big Pine, California
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.
Big Pine, California