Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Blessing, Texas? Contact your local utility company.
Follow live updates from San Antonio on election night, including Abbott vs. Beto and local races.
US midterm election cybersecurity. OPERA1ER's success with commodity tools. Insider threats. Influence ops. Search the site Search the site Search the site Search the site
Cybersecurity on US Election Day. Details on the OPERA1ER threat activity. Insider threats: seasonal and secular trends. Hacktivist auxiliaries: influence operators in the hybrid war.
LIST: East Texas schools close, release early due to severe weather Open Navigation Close Navigation
EAST TEXAS (KETK) - Due to severe weather, some East Texas schools have canceled class or planned for early release in response.
A power outage affecting a good part of downtown Hampton isn't expected to be fixed until later this afternoon.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.