Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Bloomfield, New Jersey? Contact your local utility company.
All day this Election Day, the Capital-Star will bring you the very latest on the 2022 general election.
Montclair and Glen Ridge barred residents from non-essential uses of water, warning their water supplies could be in danger.
80,000 customers were knocked out before crews started re-routing power to substations in Morris and Sussex counties.
Water pressure was low or non-existent for many residents as temperatures soared into the 90s with high humidity.
Power was reported still out to hundreds of NYSEG customers in Chenango County and Tioga County early August 5.
We have had nearly five days of this current heat wave this week, how much more will we see? Will the current heat wave dip into our weekend here at the Jersey Shore?
Nearly 2K Power Outages In Montclair Reported Amid Heat Wave - Montclair, NJ - Power outages hit wide swaths of Montclair on Thursday. Here's when the electricity is expected to come back on, PSE&G says.
Ever feel we are sometimes too reliant on technology?
NJ’s big snowstorm weekend: How it’s looking in Montclair (photos, forecast, advisories) loading... loading... loading... loading... loading... loading... loading... loading... loading... loading... loading... loading... loading...
A salt truck had struck and downed a streetlight on Bloomfield Avenue.
Congressman Frank Pallone has sent a letter to the president of Jersey Central Power & Light, demanding that the utility offer detailed explanations about outages that affected his district on Jan. 17, 21 and 26.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Bloomfield, New Jersey
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.
Bloomfield, New Jersey
|State||New Jersey (NJ)|