Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Bloomingdale, Ohio? Contact your local utility company.
Bloomingdale Power Outages Caused by Weather
West Virginia and Ohio experiencing power outages due to severe weather | WTRF Open Navigation Close Navigation
Here are the latest power outage numbers as of 7:48 p.m. ________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ There have been reported outages in multiple areas of Ohio and West Virginia due to severe weather. All reported outages are from AEP and AEP Ohio. Marshall County: 1,870 customers Ohio County: 102 customers Bloomingdale area: 1,435 customers Belmont County: 166 customers Stick […]
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Bloomingdale, Ohio
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.