Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Brewer, Maine? Contact your local utility company.
Maine Emergency Management Agency warns Mainers about potentially flooded roads following heavy rain Share on Facebook Email This Link Share on Twitter Share on Pinterest Share on LinkedIn
A flood watch is in effect for this portion of the state, with particular concern from Bucksport to Bangor to Millinocket where 2-3 inches of rain is expected.
Squirrel-related power disruptions, like in Bangor on Sunday, are not unusual this time of year, and there are likely more to come.
Versant Power preparing for strong winds Release Date: 09-22-2022 ... | November 23, 2022
The squirrel damaged Versant Power equipment, leaving more than 3,500 without power Thursday morning.
Power crews work to determine reason for power outage in Aroostook County Share on Facebook Email This Link Share on Twitter Share on Pinterest Share on LinkedIn
Outages in Aroostook County under investigation.
Versant Power PSA-Power Outage Alert Share on Facebook Email This Link Share on Twitter Share on Pinterest Share on LinkedIn
3:50 p.m. Versant Power says after a fault on a transmission line interrupted service to more than 9,000 customers in northern Maine, Versant Power crews have restored power in Fort Kent, Frenchville and nearby communities.
Power Outages Reported Throughout Presque Isle, Mapleton, Washburn, Ashland Share on Facebook Email This Link Share on Twitter Share on Pinterest Share on LinkedIn
Versant Power has announced that outages have been reported throughout the Presque Isle, Mapleton, Washburn and Ashland Areas.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Brewer, Maine
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.