Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Bridgeville, Delaware? Contact your local utility company.
Bridgeville Power Outages Caused by Weather
Delmarva Lineworkers Restore Power To All Customers Impacted By Tuesday’s Storms – First State Update
Delmarva Power amassed more than 600 personnel to work around the clock to repair the extensive damage to the local energy grid and restore service to customers affected by the severe weather and thunderstorms that impacted its service territory throughout Delaware and Maryland late Tuesday evening.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Bridgeville, Delaware
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.