Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Brighton, Massachusetts? Contact your local utility company.
Brighton Power Outages Caused by Weather
Boston University campus suffers ‘major’ power outage - The Boston Globe email Email to a Friend Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Print this Article View Comments Email to a Friend Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Print this Article View Comments
Much of BU's Charles River campus lost power on Tuesday evening, after an apparent transmission problem, officials said.
Officials for Eversource announced a controlled power outage due to repairs which need to be made in Allston, something which will leave roughly 800 residents...
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Brighton, Massachusetts
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.