Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Bristol, Florida? Contact your local utility company.
Bristol Power Outages Caused by Weather
As of 2 p.m. Tuesday, Lakeland Electric reported that 165 outages remained, affecting 768 customers.
Some central Bakersfield PG&E customers have been without power since just before 7 a.m. Monday.
Thousands of Southwest Virginia and Northeast Tennessee residents were without electricity Saturday morning, according to Appalachian Power's outage map.
The nor’easter’s heavy snow is expected to continue through the day on Saturday....
Thousands of power outages reported after Squall Line sweeps through the region | WJHL | Tri-Cities News & Weather Open Navigation Close Navigation
Out of the 79,516 users BrightRidge serves, 1.26% were without power at the time of the report.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.