Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Broadway, New Jersey? Contact your local utility company.
Great American Family (GAC Family) Christmas Movies 2022: Schedule and Start Date Decider Decider Search Submit Twitter Twitter Facebook Powered by WordPress.com VIP Close
Great American Family's holiday movie lineup includes films starring Candace Cameron Bure and Danica McKellar. Here's a list of what you can expect to see this year on GAfamily.
Power outage knocks out regular FDNY, EMS radios | PIX11 Open Navigation Close Navigation Close Modal
NEW YORK (PIX11) — FDNY and EMS radios were down in New York City for about two hours on Wednesday, forcing workers to pivot to a backup system, officials said. The emergency teams were impacted by a power outage at 11 MetroTech Centre. The outage, which happened around 11 a.m., caused server and internet issues. […]
Fallen Tree On Wires Closes Hillsborough Roadway - Hillsborough, NJ - PSE&G is also reporting a power outage as well.
Traffic Lights Out On Route 206, Route 601 In Montgomery - Hillsborough, NJ - More than 1,100 residents remain without power following the thunderstorm overnight into Tuesday in Somerset County.
Water pressure was low or non-existent for many residents as temperatures soared into the 90s with high humidity.
More than 500 customers without power in Astoria.
Nearly 2K Power Outages In Montclair Reported Amid Heat Wave - Montclair, NJ - Power outages hit wide swaths of Montclair on Thursday. Here's when the electricity is expected to come back on, PSE&G says.
The worst of the weather ended Monday night, but the city still has a lot of cleaning up to do.
The 1977 outage lasted 25 hours and led to looting in many neighborhoods.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Broadway, New Jersey
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.