Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Brockport, New York? Contact your local utility company.
Thousands of RG&E customers without power after strong thunderstorm sweeps through Rochester | RochesterFirst Open Navigation Close Navigation
Stay up to date on power outages in our area with this interactive map.
Power outage: Fallen line, burning pole caused area's power outage
A loose power line that set its own pole on fire caused the surprising power outage that struck parts of Monroe, Orleans and Genesee counties Monday.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Brockport, New York
⚠️ ⚠️ @NWSBUFFALO Has issued a High Wind Warning issued until 5pm for Niagara; Orleans; Monroe; N. Erie; Genesee; W… https://t.co/cyHCi8tObR
@JeffDarlington except there’s a power outage at QB
Wind gusts reached a high of 61 mph during Sunday’s windstorm- read about the aftermath here… https://t.co/7AN5DZj3S0
Lmao I got an alert for power outages at [My exact address]
A High Wind Warning Is in effect until 2 AM 4/14, bringing winds of 50 mph with gusts up to 70, downed trees and po… https://t.co/3srnL1fLkW
HIGH WIND WARNING in effect until 11 AM Sunday and a FLOOD WATCH is in effect u til Sunday evening. SW winds 25 to… https://t.co/PdAo1XIuTq
The popular Red Cross "Home Alone- Being Safe" class is scheduled for June 24th (1/2 day of school). Students will… https://t.co/RLYCXUFBzK
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.
Report power outage in other New York cities.
Brockport, New York
|State||New York (NY)|