Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Brooksville, Florida? Contact your local utility company.
Brooksville Power Outages Caused by Weather
Tropical Storm Nicole remained on track as of Thursday afternoon, moving west-northwest at 16 mph, according to the National Weather Service (NWS).
Friday updates: Florida recovers as Hurricane Ian targets Carolinas Newspaper icon Email Plus Outline icon My Account icon
After ravaging the Gulf Coast south of Tampa Bay, a strengthening Ian veers toward Charleston and Myrtle Beach.
The dire wind and rain predictions in HernandoCounty never came true, to the relief of county residents and officials.
The Withlacoochee River Electric Cooperative reported that all of its service area has been affected and that 20,156 customers are still without power.
First recorded case of MonkeyPox in Hernando
A person died after crashing their car into an electrical pole in Brooksville on Sunday.
Florida Highwat Patrol is handliing.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Brooksville, Florida
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.
|34601, 34602, 34603, 34604, 34605, 34613, 34614