Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Browns Mills, New Jersey? Contact your local utility company.
A barn and a house in the Town of Owego are said to be a total loss following a fire October 19 that drew firefighters from Tioga and Broome counties.
Meteorologist Dan Zarrow said the worst of the storm is behind us although there will be one more surge of rain and gusty winds on Tuesday night.
Power Outages Persist After Storm In Cinnaminson - Cinnaminson, NJ - More than 1,700 power outages were reported in Cinnaminson Tuesday in the wake of a storm that wreaked havoc across the region.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Browns Mills, New Jersey
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.