Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Burleson, Texas? Contact your local utility company.
Keynoting the Energy Bar Association Texas Chapter’s Energy Symposium, Lori Cobos said ERCOT stakeholders will soon get a look at the market’s redesign.
Overnight storm leaves numerous local power outages | KWKT - FOX 44 Open Navigation Close Navigation
CENTRAL TEXAS (FOX44) – Overnight storms with high straight line winds have resulted in numerous power outages throughout Central Texas. ONCOR’s outage reporting system indicates most of these outages are in individual neighborhoods or areas of town – rather than wide spread outages. Around 1,100 customers in Waco and its immediate suburbs were without power […]
Roads into the airport in Austin, Texas are shut down after a power outage.
A series of thunderstorms rolled into North Texas Sunday bringing strong winds and flooding.
Rains are still coming down across Dallas-Fort Worth, with the highest totals in eastern Dallas County and pools covering roads throughout the region.
Here's how to track where power outages are occurring in North Texas Open Navigation Close Navigation Close Modal
North Texas is experiencing extreme weather, which often can lead to power outages.
Power outages, structure fire and downed trees reported as storms roll through Central Texas | kvue.com
Both Pedernales Electric Co-Op and Bluebonnet Electric Co-Op are reporting outages Thursday.
/PRNewswire/ -- Oncor Electric Delivery Company LLC ("Oncor") today reported three months ended June 30, 2022 net income of $229 million compared to net income...
Power outages in Texas: why they happen and when to expect them | The Texas Tribune Loading indicator Loading indicator Loading indicator Loading indicator Loading indicator Loading indicator Loading indicator Loading indicator Loading indicator Loading indicator Loading indicator
Hot temperatures across Texas are stressing the power infrastructure. But if your home loses electricity this summer, it’s not necessarily because of the state grid.
Power restored in Burleson County after early morning outage Share on Facebook Email This Link Share on Twitter Share on Pinterest Share on LinkedIn
Almost 700 customers were impacted by the early morning outage.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Burleson, Texas
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.