Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Caddo, Texas? Contact your local utility company.
Power outages, some storm damage reported Share on Facebook Email This Link Share on Twitter Share on Pinterest Share on LinkedIn
No injuries have been reported
SHREVEPORT, La. - Following Tuesday night's storms, more than a dozen Caddo Parish schools and all schools in Haughton and Plain Dealing will be closed Wednesday due to power outages.
School closures, late starts announced following overnight storms Share on Facebook Email This Link Share on Twitter Share on Pinterest Share on LinkedIn
School officials in the ArkLaTex are announcing closures following storms on Wednesday.
More than 4,500 without power Monday morning due to high winds in the ArkLaTex Share on Facebook Email This Link Share on Twitter Share on Pinterest Share on LinkedIn
Thousands of people are without power Monday morning (April 11) due to high winds that moved through the ArkLaTex overnight.
Residents of Hunt County and Rockwall County awoke to an ice-covered landscape with downed three limbs, extremely slick roadways and scattered power outages.
Two Shreveport schools closed due to power outage Share on Facebook Email This Link Share on Twitter Share on Pinterest Share on LinkedIn
Thousands of families are waking up in the dark
Caddo Parish Courthouse closed in wake of electrical accident that hurt worker, damaged power grid Share on Facebook Email This Link Share on Twitter Share on Pinterest Share on LinkedIn
Normal hours will resume on Wednesday.
Power outage ends school day at Huntington High School Share on Facebook Email This Link Share on Twitter Share on Pinterest Share on LinkedIn
Busses are scheduled to arrive on campus at 11 a.m. to pick up and send students home.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.