Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Cameron, New York? Contact your local utility company.
80,000 customers were knocked out before crews started re-routing power to substations in Morris and Sussex counties.
Power was reported still out to hundreds of NYSEG customers in Chenango County and Tioga County early August 5.
A line of hundreds of amusement park-goers were forced to wait in 90-plus degree heat on Friday after power went out at Six Flags Great Adventure.
Cleanup, power restoration underway in St. Lawrence County Share on Facebook Email This Link Share on Twitter Share on Pinterest Share on LinkedIn
A big cleanup and power restoration effort is underway in St. Lawrence County in the wake of Thursday’s powerful storms.
Wind causes power outages in parts of region Share on Facebook Email This Link Share on Twitter Share on Pinterest Share on LinkedIn
Power outages were reported in some parts of the north country Friday as the National Weather Service issued a high wind warning.
NYC subway outage blamed on someone accidentally hitting ‘power off’ button | The Hill Open Navigation Close Navigation Search Facebook Twitter Facebook Twitter Twitter Facebook LinkedIn Whatsapp Email Facebook Twitter Twitter Facebook LinkedIn Whatsapp Email Visit our Facebook page Visit our Twitter profile Visit our LinkedIn profile
Investigators looking into a New York City subway outage that lasted several hours discovered on Friday that the incident was likely due to someone accidentally hitting an “Emergency Power Off” button. In reports released by New York Gov. Kathy Hochul (D), who commissioned a review of the Aug. 29 disruption of operation control centers across the Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA), investigators…
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.
Cameron, New York
|New York (NY)