Did you lose power?
The Forestville crash involving a suspected intoxicated driver affected a tower holding both transmission and distribution lines, according to PG&E. As many as 12,611 customers lost power.
PG&E Power Outage Shut Off: List of counties, cities affected by Bay Area, California shutdown - ABC7 San Francisco
PG&E is turning off the power again. This time, it's to approximately 50,000 customers, most of the Bay Area is not affected. Here's a list of all the counties and cities impacted by the power shutoff.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Camp Meeker, California
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.