Did you lose power?
Cape May Power Outages Caused by Weather
Latest forecast on heavy rain, winds, threat of strong thunderstorms, possible power outages and potential tornado threat.
Indelible Memories, Lessons Learned: Superstorm Sandy, 10 Years Later - Toms River, NJ - The storm changed the face of the Jersey Shore and changed lives all over NJ. Patch takes a look back for the 10th anniversary of the storm.
Power outages and heavy traffic are the result of a two-car crash at the intersection of Route 28 and Old Barnstable Road in Mashpee on Monday, October 10, at 10:55
Rain, heavy at times, will fall for Monday and Tuesday, ending Tuesday night. The wettest area will be along the shore and in Cape May County. The driest locations will
DeSantis: Hurricane Ian looters could get shot; sees progress with power outages | National | stardem.com
Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis sees progress being made with widespread power outages from Hurricane Ian and warned Friday that storm-related looters could get shot.
Nearly 150 Duke Energy customers are without power in the Shoals Junction area as of Friday morning.
Downed trees and power lines are possible in the aftermath of Hurricane Ian. If you need to report an outage, here is who to call:
Florida Power & Light is working on restoration for 1.1 million customers | Latest Weather | yoursun.com
Florida Power & Light is trying to restore power to 1.1 million customers impacted by Hurricane Ian.
CAPE MAY POINT — The doors may open on a new Cape May Point Science Center in the former St. Mary by-the-Sea Retreat by next spring, but the science is
“Fossil fuels are not healthy for children and other living things," read one sign at the New Brunswick rally.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Cape May, New Jersey
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.
Cape May, New Jersey
|State||New Jersey (NJ)|