Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Carbondale, Illinois? Contact your local utility company.
Incarnate Word overcame a lengthy, pregame lightning delay and an in-game power outage to beat Southern Illinois, 64-29, in the season opener for both teams on Saturday night.
A large portion of the City of Marion is without power.
Amid possible blackouts, Illinois lawmakers call for scrapping 'Green New Deal' | Illinois | thecentersquare.com
(The Center Square) – In the wake of an alert warning of possible rolling blackouts this summer, some Illinois lawmakers want to revise the state’s energy policies.
Ameren Illinois activated its Emergency Operations Center at 6:30 a.m. Friday morning to assess damage caused by severe weather.
Southern Illinois (WSIL) -- As temperatures reach new records this summer, rolling blackouts are a big talking point, but shouldn't be expected for our region.
Federal Grid Operator concerned over power outages ahead of Summer Share on Facebook Email This Link Share on Twitter Share on Pinterest Share on LinkedIn
The nation’s power grid is under stress like never before. And that could lead to potential periodic power outages in Missouri and Illinois.
An investigation is underway after a small aircraft crashed near the Southern Illinois Airport over the weekend.
JACKSON COUNTY, ILLINOIS (WSIL) -- The sheriff's office confirms a plane crashed Saturday evening near the area and that the Carbondale Fire Department is on scene.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Carbondale, Illinois
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.