Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Carencro, Louisiana? Contact your local utility company.
Power outages: Get more info here
As Hurricane Delta blows through Southwest Louisiana, one thing is certain: power outages will occur.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Carencro, Louisiana
@deb6090 @awesomeaiken In a power outage you get out your trailer mounted gasoline powered generator charge your vehicle.
FBI joins investigation into North Carolina power outage caused by 'intentional' attacks on substations https://t.co/F96p3vNZst
@Inspiredlawyer moved into a house on big lot - trees even, really missed screens after hurricane power outages and… https://t.co/iisGzzzen4
Entergy Louisiana is reporting up to 700 customers are affected by power outages in Vermilion Parish. https://t.co/K1daBEhEVq
Students’ last school day at Green T. Lindon Elementary in Youngsville has been cut short because of a storm-relate… https://t.co/9SMJsvA1Sb
Sporadic power outages likely before storms even arrive...gusts 75mph or better will be possible in any severe stor… https://t.co/UwNquCVKPW
Strong weather predicted tonight. LUS customers experiencing a power outage, please call (337) 291-9200 or if you… https://t.co/WsMZBzv3MW
Strong weather predicted tonight. LUS customers experiencing a power outage, please call (337) 291-9200 or if you… https://t.co/JA6yM0mx0Q
With snowfall totals ranging from about 4 inches in northern parts of Alabama and Mississippi to about 13 inches in… https://t.co/EYTTIV30Ea
Please call LUS if you experience any water issues at (337) 291-5700 and for a power outage call (337) 291-9200.… https://t.co/8oEOrbwhWd
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.
Report power outage in other Louisiana cities.