Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Carlyle, Illinois? Contact your local utility company.
Clinton County Elec Coop, Inc
Report an Outage(800) 526-7282
Report an Outage(800) 755-5000 Report Online
Report an Outage(800) 477-5050 Report Online
Niagara Mohawk Power
Report an Outage(800) 867-5222 Report Online
Report an Outage(800) 342-5775 Report Online
Can electric buses serve as backup batteries on wheels? | Canary Media
A California pilot project is testing transit buses as a source of mobile backup power. If it works, they could replace dirty diesel generators during…
Oct 18, 2022
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.
Report power outage in other Illinois cities.