Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Carrollton, Illinois? Contact your local utility company.
Many Are Without Power During Storm, Alton Deputy Police Chief Describes Damage In City | RiverBender.com
ALTON - Alton Deputy Police Chief Jarrett Ford said Alton was hit hard in the Wednesday severe thunderstorm that plowed through the city around 5 p.m.Deputy
Power outages reported in parts of Plano; here's a resource to check if your home, business is affected | Plano Star Courier | starlocalmedia.com
Power outages were reported in parts of the city of Plano on Monday afternoon.
Ameren Illinois Activates Emergency Operations Center To Coordinate Restoration Efforts | RiverBender.com
COLLINSVILLE Ameren Illinois activated its Emergency Operations Center (EOC) at 6:30 a.m., Friday morning to assess the damage caused by severe weather
POWER OUTAGES: Here is an interactive map to see if your area is affected | Plano Star Courier | starlocalmedia.com
With this latest winter storm dropping a coat of ice and sleet on North Texas overnight, power outages are always a concern. Stay up to date with the Oncor map
Ameren Illinois Prepared for Forecasted Winter Storm With Emergency Operations Center | RiverBender.com
COLLINSVILLE Ameren Illinois activated its Emergency Operations Center (EOC) on Tuesday morning to prepare for a winter storm which is forecasted to dump
ALTON/GODFREY - There is a massive power outage reported as of 5:30 p.m. Sunday, January 2, 2022.Ameren Illinois confirmed there was a significant outage
EDWARDSVILLE - The Edwardsville Police Department issued a warning of caution with a widespread power outage, downed lines, and many traffic stoplights
JERSEY/GREENE - A piece of equipment inside a Jerseyville substation malfunctioned at 3:10 p.m. Thursday, causing a power outage for 3,600 Jerseyville,
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Carrollton, Illinois
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.