Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Caruthers, California? Contact your local utility company.
Flex Alert California: Tracker shows pressure on power grid amid Central California heat wave - ABC30 Fresno
A Flex Alert was issued in California as the Central Valley reaches the peak of its heat wave. Cal ISO shows how close we are to rolling blackouts.
PG&E posts blocks that may be impacted by rolling outages amid Central California heat wave - ABC30 Fresno
PG&E posts blocks that may be impacted by rolling outages amid the Central California heat wave and Flex Alert.
A massive cell service outage impacted mostly Verizon Wireless customers struck Wednesday afternoon.
Power restored to nearly all customers impacted by Public Safety Power Shutoff, PG&E says - ABC30 Fresno
PG&E has announced that all power has been restored to the 25,000 customers impacted by the Public Safety Power Shutoff on Monday.
More than 1,200 PG&E customers without power after driver crashes into pole near Caruthers - ABC30 Fresno
Hundreds of Pacific Gas and Electric customers are without power after a driver crashed into a power pole just southwest of Caruthers in Fresno County.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.