Did you lose power?
After the polls closed on Tuesday, both of Wyoming's senators, Cynthia Lummis and John Barrasso congratulated Harriet Hageman on her congressional victory.
Scariest Halloween Costume: The Drunk Driver. Sheriff's Office warns against the dangers of drinking on Halloween.
Sizeable number of Wyomingites believe lies about a rigged 2020 election, others fear the intentions of those elected to “fix” an unbroken system.
Casper Family Aquatic Center temporarily closes Monday due to power outage - Casper, WY Oil City News
UPDATE: Power was restored at around 3 p.m. Monday and the Casper Family Aquatic Center has reopened, according to the City of Casper. Further details are
CASPER, Wyo. — The Casper Family Aquatic Center has reopened after a power outage occurred on Monday morning. Rocky Mountain Power crews responded to
Casper man sentenced, ordered to pay over $25K for live power line cut during copper cable theft - Casper, WY Oil City News
CASPER, Wyo. — A Casper man was sentenced to two and a half to five years in state prison for conspiracy to commit theft of copper cable from a workover
Holland Schools dismiss students early due to district-wide power outage | News 4 Buffalo Open Navigation Close Navigation
Holland Central Schools students are heading home early after district buildings lost power Monday. All after-school activities are canceled.
UPDATE: Fort Caspar Academy's Back to School Night postponed due to power outage - Casper, WY Oil City News
UPDATE: The ongoing power outage at Fort Caspar Academy has led to the postponement of the Back to School Night that was initially scheduled for Thursday,
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Casper, Wyoming
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.