Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Cedar Bluff, Alabama? Contact your local utility company.
No news found.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Cedar Bluff, Alabama
Strong thunderstorms and high winds led to a large number of downed trees and brief power outages across Cherokee C… https://t.co/iJHQ2bFyRx
ROLLING POWER OUTAGES (ROLLING BLACKOUTS) LIKELY TO OCCUR TODAY https://t.co/PiWZhGQ6rk https://t.co/CVkt4xLGWL
We have received reports of a power outage in Cedar Bluff. Cherokee Electric says that they are aware of the situat… https://t.co/SYLax6hdXI
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.
Report power outage in other Alabama cities.
Cedar Bluff, Alabama
Power has been out since before 10 pm last night and has not been restored as of 8:15 am this morning, January 12, 2020