Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Champaign, Illinois? Contact your local utility company.
Champaign Power Outages Caused by Weather
No early signs of cyber disruption to US elections. CISA adds to KEV Catalog. Patch Tuesday. Comsec lessons learned. Search the site Search the site Search the site Search the site
US midterm elections proceed without cyber disruption. CISA publishes new entries to its Known Exploited Vulnerabilities Catalog. Patch Tuesday notes. Communications security lessons learned.
Control of Congress is still at stake, as votes continue to be counted in key races.
By the time a researcher who pricked her finger in Missouri reported the accident, she was already sick.
Heat waves, hurricanes and other natural disasters have exposed a weakness in electric vehicle adoption: access to power needed for EV charging.
SPRINGFIELD, Ill. (WAND) —City Water, Light and Power says an equipment failure caused a Tuesday morning outage that affected over 1,400 customers.
An Early Monday Morning Round of Storms Packed Damaging Winds | WCIA.com Open Navigation Close Navigation
A line of showers and storms moved through Central Illinois early Monday morning, causing widespread wind damage to many communities. Gusts exceeded 60 mph within a few of the storms. Showers and storms came out of the Quad Cities and continued to spread out as it moved to the southeast. This was a somewhat interesting […]
DECATUR, Ill. (WAND) - Residents living on the northwest side of Decatur are experiencing a power outage.
Smile Politely is Champaign-Urbana's independent online magazine. We provide the community with a passionate, trustworthy, informed point of view on local music, arts, culture, food & drink, sports, politics and news. Whatever entertains you, informs you, excites you, or frustrates you, is all likely to be covered in our magazine.
Several factors are leading to stress on the electrical grid serving much of the Midwest.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Champaign, Illinois
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.
|Zip Codes||61820, 61821, 61822, 61824, 61825, 61826|