Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Channing, Texas? Contact your local utility company.
Report an Outage(800) 895-1999 Report Online
View Outage MapOutage Map
Rita Blanca Electric Coop, Inc
Report an Outage(806) 249-4506
Southwestern Electric Coop Inc
Report an Outage(800) 637-8667
National Quadball Tournament Comes to Marion This Weekend
Quadball, or quidditch, has a regional tournament this weekend in Marion.
Nov 11, 2022
Strong winds Texas Panhandle accidents, wildfires, outages
Blowing dust, smoke from wildfires and heavy winds made travel hazardous and caused power outages throughout the Texas Panhandle Wednesday.
Dec 15, 2021
The Texas Panhandle region is now clear of power outages Share on Facebook Email This Link Share on Twitter Share on Pinterest Share on LinkedIn
Strong winds across the area are causing power outages around the Texas Panhandle.
Dec 15, 2021
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.
Report power outage in other Texas cities.