Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Charlestown, Rhode Island? Contact your local utility company.
Track power outages and expected repair times on this real-time interactive tracker.
Nor’easter brought far more bark than bite to southern New England
The Massachusetts Emergency Management Agency warned that the greatest risk for outages was in the eastern part of the state, including Cape Cod and the...
Blizzard 2022: Southern New England digs out from 15-25? of snow | WPRI.com Open Navigation Close Navigation
Snow is falling and winds are blowing across Southern New England, both of which are expected to intensify as a significant storm moves in.
Hundreds of people were already without power Tuesday morning in Massachusetts as wind gusts reached 20 mph. And the wind is expected to intensify significantly...
Tens of thousands remained in the dark by midday Monday, most in Washington County.
GoLocalProv | National Grid Says It Has Nearly 4,000 Workers Trying to Restore Power to 80,000 in RI and MA
National Grid says it has nearly 4,000 field personnel in Rhode Island and Massachusetts responding to power outages caused by downed limbs, trees, and poles resulting from Tropical Storm Henri. The storm is delivering fierce winds and heavy rain, with so
Some Rhode Island residents could be without power into the weekend after a strong coastal storm dumped more than 4 inches of rain in some parts of Rhode Island and delivered wind gusts up to 70 mph.…
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Charlestown, Rhode Island
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.
Charlestown, Rhode Island
|State||Rhode Island (RI)|