Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Chelmsford, Massachusetts? Contact your local utility company.
Massachusetts State Police said power lines on Interstate 95 in Chelmsford snarled traffic in both directions late Thursday afternoon
A storm that had already dumped a foot of snow in some parts of the country caused more problems on Thursday because of accumulating ice. Thousands of flights were canceled.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Chelmsford, Massachusetts
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.