Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Christmas, Florida? Contact your local utility company.
Walt Disney World Resort closed its theme parks early ahead of Hurricane Nicole, but does plan to reopen its theme parks on Thursday, Nov. 10. Nicole has since been downgraded to a tropical storm.
As the UK has been warned blackouts could be on the horizon, we look at what a blackout is and when the last one occurred in the UK.
In Waukesha County, a power outage forced the cancelation of a 400-person fundraiser. We Energies showed more than 20,000 outages at one time.
Power trucks, linemen and crews roam around Southwest Florida still, more than a week after Hurricane Ian made its devastating landfall. To the residents, those trucks are a welcome sight — they mean progress.
We are monitoring power outages happening across Southwest Florida due to Hurricane Ian.
Over a week after Hurricane Ian, Florida residents face life without water, electricity, and in many cases, their homes | Hurricane Season | local3news.com
The damage is also keeping many schools closed across hard-hit areas.
There are over 3,000 people without power Wednesday morning on the east side of Spartanburg County.
Power outage impacts south, southwest Winston-Salem | FOX8 WGHP Open Navigation Close Navigation Close Modal
WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. (WGHP) — A power outage is impacted a large swath of Winston-Salem early this afternoon. Winston-Salem police say that this outage is mainly impacted the south and southwest portions of the city. Traffic lights were out at several major intersections, including along Peters Creek Parkway, Stratford Road, the Hanes Mall area, Country Club […]
Greensboro neighborhood dealing with power outages after storm | FOX8 WGHP Open Navigation Close Navigation Close Modal
GREENSBORO, N.C. (WGHP) — Some people living in the Hamilton Forest neighborhood in Greensboro were without electricity and running water for nearly 72 hours. Around two dozen Duke Energy lineworkers restored the power in the community Monday afternoon. “We lose power very quickly, and it takes a while to get it back,” said Richard Ranieri, […]
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Christmas, Florida
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.