Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Claremont, California? Contact your local utility company.
Electricity outages in Pa. could become more common due to severe weather Open Navigation Close Navigation
A new report from the Pennsylvania Public Utility Commission reveals a surprising thing. There were a record number of "reportable power outage events" during 20-21.
When will the heat wave be over? Here's the latest on power outages, excessive heat warnings and record-shattering temperatures in California and the S.F. Bay Area.
by Ben Gallagher, Public Information Officer With the weather expected heat up over the next few days, I wanted to offer some information that your
Winds on Jan. 21 closed California Botanic Garden by toppling 70-plus huge trees that will cost $100,000 to remove — money the garden doesn't have.
Strong Santa Ana winds hit SoCal: Downed trees, power outages reported | KTLA Open Navigation Close Navigation Close Modal
Santa Ana winds are again blasting Southern California, leaving downed trees and power outages in their wake. The powerful winds, which have come and gone all week, are expected to continue through Friday afternoon and possibly into Saturday, according to the National Weather Service. Wind advisories are in place until 4 p.m. Friday for parts […]
The City of Claremont is continuing to assess the damage caused by the windstorm that brought down hundreds of trees and cut off power to about 1,400
Powerful winds wreak havoc in Southern California, thousands of SoCal Edison customers left without power throughout Southland - ABC7 Los Angeles
Clean-up continues and thousands of homes remain without power across Southern California after strong winds wreaked havoc over the weekend.
Strong winds have wreaked havoc in the city of Claremont, damaging homes, toppling trees and leaving up to 20% of its residents without power.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Claremont, California
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.