Did you lose power?
Clayton Power Outages Caused by Weather
Sometimes, one author isn't enough to write a novel. You might need two, four or even six. Dhonielle Clayton is a bestselling young adult author who brought in five of
It could save your life': Clayton fire chief stresses generator safety after NC man dies from carbon monoxide poisoning Zoom In
The chief said working smoke and carbon monoxide detectors are also vital.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.