Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Cle Elum, Washington? Contact your local utility company.
Click here to view this video from nbcrightnow.com.
The entire CWU campus briefly lost power due to a lightning and thunder storm, leaving community members stranded in elevators and engulfing campus in darkness, according to the CWU Facebook...
Two semi-trucks collided at WA-14 & S Plymouth Rd early on Wednesday morning, knocking out internet in Hermiston and power in Benton County.
Electric utilities spending millions to lower wildfire risk Share on Facebook Email This Link Share on Twitter Share on Pinterest Share on LinkedIn
The latter’s approval came with a caveat that Idaho Power must submit additional info to separate costs between its Idaho and Eastern Oregon customer bases
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Cle Elum, Washington
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.
Cle Elum, Washington