Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Cleveland, Mississippi? Contact your local utility company.
Squirrels: How often do they cause power outages? | Fox 8 Cleveland WJW Open Navigation Close Navigation Close Modal
More than 10,000 Virginians lost power Wednesday in Virginia Beach after a squirrel got into a substation.
80,000 customers were knocked out before crews started re-routing power to substations in Morris and Sussex counties.
Heatwaves and Record-High Temperatures Threaten National Power Grids Menu icon Search icon Insider logo Account icon Account icon Business Life News Reviews Close icon Chevron icon Account icon Chevron icon Save Article Icon Facebook Icon Email icon Share icon Twitter icon LinkedIn icon Fliboard icon Facebook Icon Email icon Link icon Loading Close icon
As heatwaves continue to sweep across the nation, power companies are asking residents to conserve energy for fear of outages.
Ten passengers were planning to stay overnight at Bill and Hillary Clinton National Airport/Adams Field in Little Rock amid winter weather for flights scheduled to depart Friday, according to Clinton National spokesman Shane Carter.
Winter storm: Ice, power outages hit Texas, Arkansas, Tennessee - The Washington Post The Washington Post Comment on this story Wp ArrowRight GiftOutline Loading... Refresh
An ice and snow storm that hit areas from Texas to Ohio will shift to the Northeast on Friday.
Thousands of customers in Mansfield lost power Thursday afternoon after an “equipment issue” with a transmission line that feeds the area, according to an Ohio Edison spokeswoman.
Thousands of outages remain as Northeast Ohio braces for more storms
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Cleveland, Mississippi
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.