Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Clyde, New York? Contact your local utility company.
Clyde Power Outages Caused by Weather
A barn and a house in the Town of Owego are said to be a total loss following a fire October 19 that drew firefighters from Tioga and Broome counties.
Richland County EMA says power companies working 'diligently' to restore power | Weather | richlandsource.com
MANSFIELD -- Power companies are working "dilligently" Tuesday to get electric back on for Richland County residents, according to local Emergency Management Agency Director Joseph Petrycki.
Some Toledo Edison customers in the Clyde and Green Springs area have been affected by a power outage.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.
Clyde, New York
|New York (NY)