Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Colbert, Washington? Contact your local utility company.
When it came time to open the polls this election day there were voters standing in line to take their turn at casting a ballot.
Why is WHDF not working? Planned power outage to affect some viewers | WHNT.com Open Navigation Close Navigation Close Modal
News 19's engineering team said a planned power outage will take the WHDF 15 transmitter offline starting around 9 a.m. Tuesday, August 23.
DEER PARK, Wash. - Power for just under 2.050 Avista customers north of Spokane were out of power for a time on Saturday, July 9. The cause is not yet
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Colbert, Washington
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.